MTE Logistix is one of the largest 3PL warehouse service providers in Western Canada. Our warehouse properties are effectively selected or developed to ensure excellent service to our clients.
- 9 warehouses throughout Edmonton and Calgary
- Just under 2 million square feet of secured and alarmed warehouse space
- More than 200 dock doors
- Direct access to the rail line for box car service (20+ rail doors)
- Multiple switches each week with CN and CP (ability to service upwards of 60 rail cars/week)
- Facilities to handle containers and trucks of any type or size
- Heated, ambient temperature or refrigerated indoor warehouse storage
- Fenced outdoor yard space
We leave no variable to chance. Our in-house repair shop, staffed by a team of journeyman heavy-duty mechanics, keeps us running 24/7. After-hours emergency repair service, mobile service trucks and a rigorous preventative maintenance program means no downtime for MTE or our clients.
All of our warehouses are equipped with forklifts, reach trucks, power jacks and order pickers. An array of material handling equipment attachments including forks, bale clamps, carton clamps, roll clamps, slip sheet attachments and drum clamps, mean we can handle virtually any product. Some of our specialty equipment includes heavy lift forklifts (30,000 lbs+) and outdoor forklifts.
- Cardboard: Used cardboard boxes are compressed, bailed and picked up by a local recycler.
- Plastics: Used stretch wrap and other plastics are compressed, bailed and picked up by a recycler.
- Paper: Office paper is collected in a wheeled bin and picked up by a recycler.
- Cans/Bottles: Each warehouse has a bin for collecting used containers to be returned to recycle depots.
- Wood: Used pallets, dunnage and cover sheets are deposited in special dumpsters for collection to a recycle centre.
- Metal: Scrap metal bins are maintained and are collected and picked up by a recycled metal dealer.
- Lighting: We are in the process of transitioning our warehouses from conventional HID lighting to LED lighting, complete with motion sensors.
- Equipment: Wherever possible we are phasing out LPG powered forklifts in favour of electric (rechargeable battery) powered equipment. Our latest addition to our floor washing fleet includes a Hybrid powered machine.
- HVAC: We have reduced our heated warehouse areas to 15-17 degrees C to reduce both natural gas and electricity consumption.
MTE Logistix is active in reducing our impact on the environment. For more information about how we recycle or about our energy conservation action plan please contact us.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Compliance
In every one of our warehouses we voluntarily implement GMP practices, including:
- environmental controls
- pest controls
- housekeeping and sanitation
- building security and access
- employee personal protection
With the highest level of cleanliness, standards and safety maintained at all times, our facilities consistently pass external audits and inspections by clients.
MTE is also registered with FDA solutions for the export of food product into the United States.
AIB Food Safety Certification
Safety is a top priority when it comes to storing and distributing food. Our AIB audited and approved facilities ensure that MTE operates under best practices with processes that uphold product integrity, minimize risk of food contamination and exceed your customers’ expectations for food safety and quality.
MTE handles a wide variety of food grade products, ingredients, beverages, and packaging materials. We take great pride in providing safe, compliant storage and shipping. We’re proud to say that all of our food-grade warehouses exceed AIB audit requirements for food distribution centres.
MTE’s in-house RAIDE (Report and Analysis on Incidents Damages and Errors) program meshes well with client QA non-conformance reporting and resolution requirements. RAIDE has a thorough process for identifying deficiencies and implementing preventative and corrective actions. With full audit-trail documentation on all incidents, our program provides unique visibility on the opportunities for continuous improvement.
Safety Today for a Future Tomorrow
Selected from a competition held by our warehouse employees, MTE’s safety slogan, "Safety Today for a Future Tomorrow" is an accurate reflection of our company-wide dedication to creating and maintaining a safe workplace environment.
Every MTE facility operates under a comprehensive Health & Safety Program, directed jointly by our Safety Management and Human Resources Management teams. Employee representatives participate in Joint Health & Safety Committees at each workplace, and safety and training programs are integral in managing warehouse operations. Hazard Assessments are conducted regularly, with additional training and controls put in place as required.
Our safety policy mandates 100% commitment to ensuring that every reasonable precaution is taken to protect our employees and other individuals in our workplaces. Key components of warehouse staff on-boarding include forklift safety training & certification and participation in a comprehensive safety orientation. At each warehouse, workplace safety performance statistics are posted, weekly safety messages are discussed, and staff participate in annual reinforcement training and refresher education.
Equipment Operator Certification
Successful completion of both a theory training course and a practical operator evaluation are required for warehouse staff to obtain company-issued operator certification. Employees must achieve a passing grade of 80% in each component before they are permitted to operate powered Material Handling Equipment.
Experienced employees take certifications for operating power jacks, counterbalance sit-down forklifts, stand-up reach trucks and order-picker & aerial lift platforms. All operators are re-certified at three-year intervals.